VEGETARIAN SANDWICHES WITH BEET HUMUS
For beet humus (250 ml):
1 can (250 g) of boiled chickpeas
2 tbsp. š. Supergarden freeze-dried beet powder (or 2 boiled medium-sized beets)
2 tbsp. š. sesame paste (Tahini)
2 cloves garlic (optional)
½ lemon juice
3 tbsp. š. olive oil
½ arb. š. salts
¼ arb. š. crushed black pepper
¼ arb. š. ground cumin
freshly crushed black pepper
roasted sesame seeds
For the sandwich:
4 slices of dark bread
cream cheese with greens (e.g. Philadelphia)
a handful of beets (or other favorite green salads)
several cucumber slices
1. Prepare the humus. Drain the chickpeas from the can and drain very well. Press between the two fingers to remove their cuticles.
2. Place all ingredients in a chopper bowl and grind to a completely homogeneous mass.
3. If the humus is too thick, add a sliver of water - enough to get the right consistency.
4. Transfer the humus to a bowl, before serving sprinkle with olive oil, garnish with herbs, black pepper, sesame seeds.
5. You can store humus in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
6. Prepare the sandwiches. Toast the bread in a toaster or oven.
7. Generously spread two slices of bread with spread cheese and beetroot humus.
8. On top, spread thinly sliced avocado slices, beetroot leaves, a couple of cucumber slices.
9. Spread the second slices of bread on top of the sandwich. Serve immediately!