Vegan Fresca Pasta Dough with Freeze Dried Spinach Powder
For two portions
150 g Semolina Flour
20 g Freeze dried Spinach
70 ml Lukewarm water
40 g Wheat Flour
- This recipe is very easy! You must take the semolina flour and the spinach powder and pour them on a clean surface. Take a fork or with your hands try to mix the two flours.
- When they are incorporated with your clean hands, shape a mountain in front of you. With two fingers push the peak of the semolina and spinach mountain down and do circular moves so you can create a circle in the mountain.
- Now take your water and pour it little by little in the circle you made and either with a fork or your hands try combining the flour with the water till you have a dough.
- If your dough is too sticky, add semolina flour, if it is too dry add a bit of water. You will judge the state of it when you start kneading the dough. In the beginning, the state of it will be a bit harsh but once you start kneading it will get smoother. Knead for 10 minutes.
- Once the dough is well combined and smooth, take a piece of plastic wrap and cover your dough and let it rest for 10-20 minutes.
- When the time has passed, unwrap your dough, sprinkle a bit of flour on your surface, and place your dough on top. Cut your dough into 4 or 2 equal parts, and cover each part in flour. Then you just have to cut the pasta in your desired shape.
My favorite and easiest shapes
- Take a quarter or a half of the dough and roll it out in a thin sheet where if you pick it up you can see the shadow of your fingers.
- Now, a very important part, take flour and sprinkle it on top, pet your dough so the flour goes everywhere till your dough is not sticky.
- Place the dough horizontally, in this way that from your left to your right you have the longest part of the dough. Find the middle of your dough and then take the two ends of your dough, if you want you can trim them so they are straight, and drag them to the middle of your dough. Let them create this layer and then sprinkle flour on top till it is not sticky again.
- Repeat the above step till you have a 5 to 8 cm width of layered dough.
- Then horizontally, you take a knife and cut the layered dough a bit more thin than what you think you want your boiled pasta to be. after you do your cuts, very easily you can unwrap your dough and you have your fresca tagliatelle pasta. If you find it sticky, sprinkle some flour on top and mix them. Now you can either dry or boil them for 2-3 minutes in very well-salted water and serve them with your favorite sauce.
- This is probably the easiest pasta shape you can make. It will turn out to be squishy after boiling and fun to make.
- Take the dough and cut it into 6 parts.
- Then take each part and just between your hands roll it till you create a long noodle.
- Then place your long noodle on the surface and take a knife and cut your pasta to your desired length. Repeat till you are done with your dough part and boil them for 3 minutes in very well-salted water and serve them with your favorite sauce.
HOW TO SERVE
After boiling, taste a noodle and if it feels floury, rinse it with cold water and pour your pasta into a pan with your favorite sauce and warm for 1-2 minutes.