Green Pancakes with Freeze Dried Spinach Powder
For 9 pancakes
200g Greek yogurt plain, 5% fat
1 medium Raw egg
1 tsp Baking Powder
20g Freeze Dried spinach powder
A pinch of Salt
1 tbsp Olive oil (for cooking)
- In a large bowl, whisk the yogurt, egg, a pinch of salt, the freeze dried spinach, until completely combined.
- Blend the oats for 1 minute until it looks like flour.
- Add the baking soda into the blended oats and then combine them with the mixture from the large bowl, but do not overmix.
- Heat a 30 cm non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Add your tablespoon of olive oil into a small bowl and with a cooking brush gently coat the surface of the pan with oil.
- Each pancake portion is 42 g, so add around 1 tablespoon of the mixture and cook over moderate heat. Don't cook over high heat because the pancakes could burn on the outside before it is completely cooked on the inside.
- Check the edges and when you see that the pancakes are nicely caramelized on one side, use a spatula to flip them over. They need about 2-3 minutes on each side to be cooked. (You will know they are ready when they don't stick to the pan).
- When they are ready, transfer the pancakes to a serving dish.
- Wipe the pan with paper towels so that the next batch won't burn.
- Add some olive oil with your brush and repeat the process with the remaining mixture, until you create a stack of pancakes!
HOW TO SERVE
These pancakes can be served with both sweet or savory ingredients. You can serve them pancakes with honey, walnuts, fruits, maple syrup or yogurt, feta, cheeses, and eggs or whatever other toppings you may like.
NUTRITIONAL FACTS TABLE
* Based on an adult's daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
* The nutritional chart and the symbols refer to the basic recipe and not to the serving suggestions, and have been calculated according to the maximum number of servings.
* Always check the nutrition facts label of the products you buy as the ingredients may change. There are always alternatives that you can use in order to avoid an allergy or intolerance and not change your habits.
*Mind that the facts are given without the added toppings of your choice.
Per Portion - 127 g
Energy 264 Kcal
Protein 14 g
Carbs 27 g
Fat 11 g
Fiber 5.3 g
Salt 1.1 g
Within 100 g
Energy 208 Kcal
Protein 11 g
Carbs 21 g
Fat 9 g
Fiber 4 g
Salt 0.8 g