Crispy sweet potatoes with dill-yogurt sauce
Snack Cooking time: 30 min.
The potatoes will need:
4 small sweet potatoes
1 tbsp oil
1 tbsp starch
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp ground peppers
A pinch of pepper
1/2 tsp salt
The sauce will need:
3 tbsp greek yogurt
1 clove garlic
1 tsp dill | suitable fresh or freeze-dried Supergarden
Salt and pepper
Splash of lemon juice
- Wash potatoes cleanly. Do not peel the skin.
- Cut potatoes into straws of equal size, dip in a deep bowl, pour in cold water, and soak for 30 minutes. This step is not necessary but helps to fry potatoes crispy, as the excess starch in potatoes is removed during soaking. But if you’re in a hurry, you can definitely skip it!
- Dry potatoes with paper towels.
- Mix potatoes with the oil.
- Mix potatoes with starch, garlic and paprika powder, and pepper. Try to mix so that all fries are evenly covered. Do not add salt to it - scatter it at the end. This step also helps to fry potatoes more crispy.
- Transfer potatoes to a baking form. Put them in such a way that they do not touch each other - this will help potatoes to be fried crispy, rather than simmering when baking briefly.
- Bake with the breeze in an oven at 180 degrees for 30 minutes, turning potatoes over in the middle of baking.
- Sprinkle baked potatoes with salt. Before that, taste if you want salt.
- Make the sauce: mix all the ingredients in a jar.
- Serve baked potatoes with the prepared sauce.