CURD SWEET PIE WITH QUINOA, BANANAS AND BERRIES
100 g of quinoa seeds
a pinch of salt
1 kg of curd or cottage cheese
1 well-ripened banana
2 tbsp. sh. coconut butter
3-4 tbsp. coconut sugar
a pinch of vanilla sugar
6 large eggs
3-4 handfuls Supergarden freeze-dried blueberries
3-4 handfuls Supergarden freeze-dried strawberry chunks
butter to grease the baking dish
almond flour for sprinkling the mold
a handful of freeze-dried berries
maple syrup, honey, etc. (if you like it sweeter)
1. Pre-heat the oven at 180 ᵒC. Grease a baking dish (diameter 26 cm) with a piece of butter and sprinkle with almond flour (or breadcrumbs).
2. Bring two glasses of water to a boil in a medium-sized pot. Add a pinch of salt, add the quinoa seeds. Cook over medium heat for about 15 minutes, until the seeds swell, soften, and become almost transparent. Remove from heat, if there is any remaining liquid, pour it off. Let stand in the covered pot for another 10-15 minutes, then mix with a fork. The seeds should be soft but loose.
Let it cool down.
3. In a large bowl, add the cottage cheese/ curd, the well-ripened banana, the coconut butter, the coconut sugar, the vanilla sugar and the egg yolks. Grind well with a food processor until the mass is as uniform as possible. Stir in the cooled quinoa seeds.
4. In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Add and mix them into the curd/cottage cheese mass three times. Do not over mix.
5. Add freeze-dried berries and mix lightly till an even mass is created.
6. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking form, pour freeze-dried berries and almond slices on top. Bake in a preheated oven for about 50-60 minutes. If the top begins to brown too much, cover with a sheet of foil and continue baking.
7. After the pie is cooked, let it rest in the baking form for 10-15 minutes, then cut and serve with your favorite toppings. The recipe is prepared in collaboration with Supergarden.